Hi, I'm Nikos Baxevanis.
I'm a self-employed programmer and software architect based in Zlín, Czech Republic.
Notable side projects
- Founding member and contributor to Hedgehog, a property-based testing system, in the spirit of QuickCheck.
Pure Haskell and F# implementation of
splittable pseudorandom number generator—passes all dieharder tests.
Port of Guy L. Steele, Jr., Doug Lea, Christine H. Flood Fast splittable pseudorandom number generators Comm ACM, 49(10), Oct 2014, pp453-472.
the oldest contributors to
AutoFixture, a testing
system that makes it easier to write unit tests.
AutoFixture integrates with xUnit.net, Moq, NSubstitute, FakeItEasy, and other .NET testing tools.
allows you to generate random text that is guaranteed to match a regular
expression passed in.
Port of Java dk.brics.automaton DFA/NFA (finite-state automata) implementation and xeger.
- Doctest, helps you test interactive F# examples, similar to doctest in Python. Built primarily as an internal tool for F# Hedgehog.
- Write you some QuickCheck, a minimal version of QuickCheck v1 ported in F#.
As a maintainer
- [GitHub] Hedgehog - A property-based testing system, in the spirit of QuickCheck. Haskell version.
- [GitHub] Hedgehog - A property-based testing system, in the spirit of QuickCheck. F# version.
- [GitHub] Pure Haskell and F# implementation of SplitMix splittable pseudorandom number generator.
- [GitHub] Fare - Allows you to generate random text that is guaranteed to match a regular expression passed in.
- [GitHub] BitcoinLib - Bitcoin Core JSON-RPC compatible library for Bitcoin and Altcoins.
- [GitHub] Doctest - Helps you test interactive F# examples, similar to doctest in Python.
- [GitHub] LightCheck - A minimal version of QuickCheck v1 ported in F#.
- [GitHub] AutoFixture - A testing system that makes it easier to write unit tests.
As a contributor
- [GitHub] FsCheck - A tool for testing .NET programs automatically, a port of Haskell's QuickCheck.
- [GitHub] AtomEventStore - A server-less .NET Event Store based on the Atom syndication format.
- [GitHub] Qaiain - An autonomous email microservice that receives programmatic messages via an asynchronous channel and relays them over SMTP.
- [GitHub] Exude - An extension to xUnit.net, providing support for test cases as First-Class, programmatic citizens.
- [GitHub] Albedo - A .NET library targeted at making Reflection programming more consistent, using a common set of abstractions and utilities.
- [GitHub] ZeroToNine - A tool for maintaining .NET Assembly versions across multiple files.
- QuickCheck → Hedgehog
- Less fragmented properties with Hedgehog
- Write you some QuickCheck
- Regex-constrained strings with FsCheck
- Tweaking Sublime Text themes to take advantage of Retina displays
- Mountebank Mocks with F#
- AutoFixture, xUnit.net, and Auto Mocking
- Fare - Finite Automata/Regex in .NET
- Combining Data Theories in AutoFixture.Xunit extension
- "Solid development skills. When Nikos submits a PR, it is a cold day in hell that it doesn't work." - Kevin Bennett
- "If I ever find myself in a situation where I need to hire a programmer, Nikos would be one of my first choices." - Mark Seemann
- "I learned a huge amount from Nikos, especially about F# programming and the more advanced aspects of unit testing." - Mike Hadlow
- "Nikos has been delivering results of high quality in-full and on-time." - Giannis Marias
I check my Twitter mentions pretty regularly. That's the best way to contact me.